Friday, February 21, 2014

Thing 3 - utilities

A few weeks ago, I downloaded an app called GSam Battery Monitor.
This app monitors how much battery power is remaining on my Kindle Fire.
It also tells me which apps are using up all the power. They use a vacuum cleaner icon to show the apps sucking up the most juice. I think that is clever.

While I am charging my Kindle, this app shows how long it will take before I have a full charge. It also monitors how hot my battery is. I am not sure the significance of the temperature, but nonetheless, this app keeps track of that.

I found this to be a very useful app.


I tried to download the Google app, but I uninstalled it right away because I didn't like it. I already have the Gmail app and I like that and I didn't want to change how I view my emails on my Kindle.

No comments:

Post a Comment